Creative Cloisonne´ Program
Class 2 : Design
Combine & Organize your Cloisonne´ Vocabulary
Your enamel "picture" is a collection of the different types of marks that you make.
It's the "stuff" that you use to make your picture.
You will explore old and new ways to make and use "enamel stuff"
You will learn to find the line and shapes that inspire us, and translate them into enamel.
You will become fluent in a new and personal enamel vocabulary that will make your
enamel imagery "yours".
Week 2 will explore the many ways that you can put your new vocabulary together...
Why I designed this Class.
Many of my students enter the class hoping to learn more about the cloisonne´ enamel technique and improve their skills.
About Class 1
Create YOUR Cloisonne´ Vocabulary
Three separate classes that build upon each other.
WHAT you will learn and HOW you will transform yourself...
What you will need
This is not a "project" course.
You will have the opportunity to create your own projects throughout the class.
You will improve your ability to see.
You will practice simplifying what you see into design elements.
You will learn many ways to translate your design elements into enamel design elements.
You will practice so that you can "think in enamel" and become fluent with your new enamel vocabulary.
Makes your learning come alive.
(Six week courses include "group mentoring".)
Combining Zoom classroom discussions and a vibrant Group Forum (without the distractions of Facebook) enables us to talk with each other and not at each other.
- We learn to connect with not only ourselves, but with each other.
- We see new perspectives as students share their "point of view".
- We learn WHY we care about what we are making as we also care about our fellow students.
- We connect with ourselves and with each other.
This becomes a magical group learning experience where transformation can occur.
This is different than any live 5-day workshop that I have seen.
- You have TIME to listen: to ourselves and others. The six-week program takes removes some of the urgency that you often feel in a workshop.
- You feel INSPIRED as you see other students make changes.
- You become part of a culture of LEARNING. There is no pressure that you "need to like everything that you make".
- We work together and share our strengths so that we can improve our weaknesses.
...the more I thought about why those characteristics were appealing, I was able to reach an emotional response and connect with memories from my childhood. All that to say I am now starting page 4 of brainstorming and understanding what my story is!! Now to brainstorm how to tell that story. This is exactly what I was hoping to get from this class - my story and how to tell it!
I am your guide and coach.
Here is how I do it.
Let my experience
be your guide...
Here is what I will do as your coach...